Chief Digital Officer
Marketing and Advertising | Greater New York City Area, US
Professional with 18 years of digital media, technology and operations experience in multiple industry verticals
• Expertise in Digital and Social Media, and Web 2.0/3.0
• Deep Focus on Social Media in 2009/2010/2011
• Expertise in building teams and delivering solutions
• Experience in delivering digital strategy and tactics
• Experience in building teams and delivering business
• Subject matter expertise in healthcare, travel, retail, financial services and automotive industries
• Subject matter expertise in Digital Marketing, Social Media, On-line advertising, CRM, VRM, Social Business Process in Healthcare
Specialties: Digital and Social Media
Online Advertising and promotion
2017 - Present
Chief Digital Officer / WPP Health & Wellness - http://wpphealth.com/
2014 - Present
EVP, Chief Digital Officer / Ogilvy CommonHealth Worldwide
Ogilvy CommonHealth is the healthcare group within Ogilvy & Mather with offices worldwide.
As the Chief Digital Officer, I am responsible for driving the collective vision and leadership of the digital team.
I manage a team of Digital Engagement Strategists, Customer Experience Strategists and technology folks. The OCHWW Innovation Lab also is part of this organization and p;rovides our clients with innovations services, prototypes and thought leadership.
My main focus is collaboration across the various OCHWW offices globally to drive our digital ambition, provide digital thought leadership to position OCHWW as a digital leader in Healthcare and create new digital products and services for our clients.
Global Head -Digital & Innovation / inVentiv Health
Responsible for providing digital strategy and innovation thinking at inVentiv Health. Focused on Digital Strategy, Digital Innovation and Technology vision.
I am the Global Head of inVentiv Digital & Innovation with offices in New York and Newtown PA.
We provide digital agency services to the life sciences industry. Our focus is Digital Strategy, Customer Insights and Experience, and Technical Delivery. We have worked with pharmaceutical companies, device manufacturers and OTC brands.
We are also the internal digital arm for inventiv health and provide support to the various inVentiv Health business units.
Global Lead, Digital and Social / Chandler Chicco Companies
Establish the Digital and Social Media practice at Chandler Chicco Companies.
- Work with clients and account teams to define Digital and Social Media Strategies and tactics for clients.
- Evangelize Digital and Social media internally within the firm and with our clients.
- Conduct Digital and Social 101 training for account people and media planners.
- Educate clients about the Digital and Social media practice at CCC.
- Build a team of Digital and Social media experts in the USA and Europe.
- Work with teams to embed the Social and Digital channel in all plans, where relevant, for clients.
- Participate in new business pitches and embed digital/social strategy within pitches.
- Trained/Educated/mentored 26 people globally to form a core team of digital/social experts within the firm.
- Established partnerships for search, creative and technology delivery.
- Worked on Digital and Social media strategy for a number of major clients and brands.
- Worked on award winning work with teams that have won best Social Media Campaign for 2011 and a CLIO for best use of Social Media in DTC in Healthcare.
- Created an annual conference for clients - Pioneers in Digital Health, with a successful launch in London in 2011 to showcase Digital thought leadership.
- Established social media guidelines for the company.
- Created a social media ecosystem for the company.
SVP - Managing Director - HealthEd Digital / HealthEd
HealthEd Digital is a division of The HealthEd Group. http://www.thehealthedgroup.com
I joined in 2009 and my job is to build the Digital business unit.
* Define the Vision and Strategy for the Digital Group
* Build a team of Digital People to deliver the work (Creative, PM, Strategy and Technology)
* Define a digital process and operationalize it
* Work closely with Health Educators and Editorial teams in the offline agency
* Integrate as much as possible with the offline agency
* Promote the digital business unit to current and future clients
* Create partnerships for online media and measurement with outside parties
There are now 16 people (from 4) in this group.
Managing Director / Cushman & Wakefield
Reporting to the Senior Managing Director of Global Business Applications. Focusing on front office applications, with a major focus on rolling out a new global Client Relationship Management System (CRM).
Accomplishments for the CRM project included:
* Gathered business requirements and creating an RFI
* Identified potential vendors/partners
* Selected a partner (Lexis/Nexis Interaction Software)
* Negotiated license and professional services terms working with the purchasing Department of C&W
* Selected partners to wor with us for customizing and deploying the CRM Software
* Built a the team (onshore and offshore) for IT to manage the roll out including training and data migration from legacy CRM applications (Act and Salesforce)
* Budgeted and planned for roll out in Italy and UK as pilots for Europe
* Budgeted for a global roll out in 2009/10
* Successfully rolled out to USA
Also served as the liaison between the business and IT for front office applications including the corporate web site, Intranet, and buildings system.
Co-Founder / Avivocom
Co-Founder of a start up to create a new type of banner ad unit network. We were able to stream a live video and audio chat into a banner ad for direct sales and questions. Contextually served. Clients included IBM, Verizon, Adobe and Microsoft.
Global CIO / Euro RSCG
Global CIO based at the worldwide HQ in NYC and responsible for internal IT .
* Achieved $800K in cost savings by consolidation and optimization of the IT infrastructure in North America
* Centralized IT purchasing in North America
* Created an 18 monthy IT strategy and vision for the company
* Re-energized IT staff across the board
* Deployed new global application for client collaboration
Vice President - Solution Architecture / Dimension Data
Creating and delivering new technology-based client offerings, including Web Services strategies for large scale institutions, Enterprise Architecture assessment, design and development, Business Continuity planning and data center readiness.
Managing the North American team of cross-industry lead architects and providing guidance to DiDatas architect and developer community.
Providing architecture expertise to large enterprise wide architecture and technology strategy engagements across the USA.
Conducting review and risk assessment of complex engagements for risk mitigation and quality control.
Led the creation of several Web Services based solution offerings, including an opportunity assessment that enabled clients to prioritize and identify a pilot candidate and assess the readiness of their infrastructure for their Web Services deployment.
Vice President of Technology / Agency.com
Local General Manager the New York Office of Agency.com, and Chief Technical Services evangelist to current and prospective customers for Agency.com and iTraffic in North American and Europe.
Set technology standards and processes, and identify tool sets and methodologies for developing and delivering solutions to client and provide overall management and leadership for a team of over 120 technical resources in 6 offices in the USA.
Provide strategic consulting services to clients to recommend interactive technology solutions to meet clients needs in the areas of: Content Management, Application servers, ERMs, Commerce Servers, databases, middleware for legacy systems integration internet infrastructures and architectures
Work with and manage external partners and suppliers such as SUN, BEA, IBM, ATG, Interwoven, Opentext, Epicentric, Oracle, Webmethods, Brience etc.
Information Technology / Le Meridien Hotels
IT Strategy & Planning / Forte PLC
Liaison with Managing Directors and other Forte PLC board.
Creation of Business Systems plans for the individual owners of most of the international hotels within the Le Meridien Hotel Division
Head of IT for the Le Meridien Chain after their acquisition by Forte PLC. With operations in 43 countries.
Creation of a System plan for the global and regional sales force which encompassed Sales Force Automation and Data Warehousing, as well as the creation of a LAN/WAN infrastructure.
Liaison between the business heads and members of the I.T. department to evaluate emerging technologies, which could provide a business benefit such as video conferencing systems, kiosks, smart cards and the Internet
Worked closely with the finance department to explore ways to use I to increase efficiency and cut costs. Result was a shared services strategy plan for centralized accounting.